Sundays at St Michael’s:
- 8.00am Holy Communion (said) (Contemporary Common Worship or¬†Book of Common Prayer)
- 9.30am The Parish Eucharist (Contemporary¬†Common Worship)
- 11.15am Later Morning Worship (except on the 1st Sunday of the month)
- 6.00pm Evensong (sung) (Book of Common Prayer)
- 11.15am on 2nd Sunday – Morning Service or Holy Communion
Weekdays at St Michael’s:
- 10.15am on Wednesday – Holy Communion
- Saints’ Days – 9.30am
Which service should I choose?
- 8.00am Holy Communion
A quiet early morning service usually Common Worship but, on the third Sunday of¬†the month, according to the Book of Common Prayer.
- ¬†09.30 Parish Eucharist
The main act of worship for the parish, with Junior Church for children and a main service which is especially welcoming to children on the first Sunday of the month. It has a more traditional and formal feel, with Holy Communion, a robed choir and the largest congregation of the day.
- 11.15 Late Morning Worship
A more flexible and varied service, which includes Holy Communion on a monthly basis.¬†The music includes some traditional hymns as well as contemporary Christian songs. A small and welcoming congregation with provision for children. This service does not take place on the first Sunday of the month as we join with the 09.30 Parish Eucharist.
- 6.00pm Evensong
A traditional evening service according to the Book of Common Prayer and sung with¬†Anglican chant and including hymns and a sermon.
- 10.15am Holy Communion
A said service of Holy Communion (Common Worship) followed by coffee and the¬†opportunity for fellowship. Once a month, on a rotational basis, we are joined by a¬†class from St. Michael‚Äôs Church School and once a term the worship takes place in¬†the school.
- Second Sunday of the month at 11.15am.
A small chapel of ease built at the expense of the Duke of Northumberland in¬†1872.within the pretty hamlet of Denwick. A small group of worshippers gather here¬†monthly with services alternating between Holy Communion (Common Worship) and¬†Morning Prayer (BCP).
Click¬†here¬†for information about Weddings and baptisms.